2019 KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R
Time To Get Wild: The KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R stares down anything in its path. Its forgiving WP suspension, wire-spoked offroad wheels and built-to-last, fuel-efficient engine is set to take you further off the beaten track. This motorcycle is KTM's most offroad-capable ADVENTURE model and uses the same state-of-the-art technology as the KTM 1290 ADVENTURE R. Inspired by decades of rally raid victories it has the genes to handle the wildest adventures.
- The advanced V2 engine with a 1050 cc displacement supplies everything an adventure bike could ever need: powerful acceleration, real punch for fully loaded touring, and more than enough power for blasting your way out of trouble. Low fuel consumption and long service intervals of 15,000 km mean the bike is easy on the wallet too.
- Smooth Controllable Power: Producing 125 hp (92 kW) peak power, the high-performance, compact 1050 cc V-twin engine sits in a lightweight chassis, which puts the 1090 R at the top of its class in terms of power-to-weight ratio and ride dynamics. With advanced but proven technology including twin spark ignition, ride-by-wire, and traction control (TC), a smooth, controllable power delivery is assured.
- Not only does the slipper clutch open when the engine back-torque becomes too high, it also assists when you open up the throttle. The former prevents destabilizing rear wheel chatter when braking sharply or decelerating; the latter reduces the lever force required for changing gears, allowing the clutch to be controlled with one trigger-happy finger - saving you energy while riding.
- An absolutely key element in the smooth power delivery of the 75° V-twin is each cylinder's state-of-the-art 4-valve cylinder head. These combine twin plug ignition, flow-optimized ports and a slick low-friction valve drive train with cams from each cylinder's twin overhead camshafts driving DLC-coated cam followers.
- DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) is an extremely hard, durable coating used in many engine parts, ie: cam followers, to assist sliding behavior. It improves performance and our engines love it!
- Cool Exploration: On long offroad explorations it's important the V-twin engine keeps its cool to ensure its advanced power and performance are maintained. Thanks to the KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R's design and advanced cooling technology, riding for hours in hot conditions is possible.
- In adding the ‘R', we add a promise: excellent offroad abilities. So you get a 21-inch wire-spoked wheel at the front and an 18-inch at the rear, floating on 220 mm of fully adjustable WP suspension. On top of that, KTM's signature tubular trellis frame, steel crash bars and a high-strength, die-cast, open-lattice swingarm are more than able to handle any extreme adventure.
- Spoked Wheels: Offroad exploration demands hardcore equipment, so we fit the KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R in-house with our patented, wire-spoked and tubeless 21"/18" wheels. Those who want to ride off into the desert will find a wide selection of suitable tires in these dimensions. But you might just as well start that trip right off the dealer floor, as the standard Continental TKC 80 Twinduros, sized 90/90-21 and 150/70-18, are durable, versatile and very happy to take you off the beaten track.
- Sprung For Adventure: A robust 48 mm inverted fork with extra stiff springs is mounted up front, while a PDS shock absorber produces the magic in the rear. All made by WP, all fully adjustable, all happy to take a serious beating. And they'll make you enjoy it too. Suspension travel: 220 mm front and rear.
- Brembo Power: Precise. Powerful. Consistent. Just as you would expect from a set of Brembo brakes. Up front you'll find twin 320 mm diameter discs, radially mounted, 4-piston fixed calipers. At the rear, excess speed is taken care of by a generously dimensioned 267 mm diameter disc. And in case of an emergency, Bosch's two-channel 9M+ ABS is there to save the day.
- Impressive Fuel Range: Although still powerful and well equipped, the KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R consumes considerably less fuel than the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R, depending on riding style and terrain. The impressive 23-liter tank capacity gives a comfortable range for long distance traveling. How does 350 kilometers on a tank sound? Like fun, we reckon.
- Steel Trellis Frame: The chrome-molybdenum steel trellis frame is at the center of the bike's excellent chassis geometry. Laser-cut and robot welded with a superb surface finish, it weighs a mere 9.8 kg, which helps to keep the total, unfueled weight under 210 kg - 207, to be precise. Every kg counts.
- The die-cast, open-lattice swingarm is not only particularly light, it's also precisely manufactured. The design has been optimized for stiffness and stability while still offering excellent flex characteristics.
- At KTM, individualists are welcome. The bike's ergonomics can be adjusted to suit the preferences and stature of any rider, wherever they may roam.
- Adjustable Comfort: With two handlebar clamping positions - 10 mm forwards or backwards from stock - plus five reach settings of the hand levers, the rider has more freedom to move, greater control, and uncompromised comfort, which means a more enjoyable adventure ride.
- Different modes for the various assistance systems can be selected using a menu switch on the left side of the handlebar. It's very simple and intuitive: "up" and "down" through the menu selection, select the desired menu item with the left button, confirm it with the right. Job done.
- Adjustable Footpegs: Two footpeg positions - 10 mm up and back (diagonally) - allow riders to set the comfort level to suit their height and riding preference, which can make a big difference to your riding experience on a long adventure.
- Ultra Seat Comfort: This is where you'll hopefully spend a lot of time, so the seat has to provide support, feedback and freedom of movement. Thanks to KTM's state-of-the-art 3D foam padding, the one-piece offroad seat of the KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R has your backside taken care of - no matter the adventure, large or small.
- Rally-Inspired Windshield: The "R" model features a short windshield. So even when your handlebar moves a lot in rough terrain, the windshield won't hit your helmet. Its height can be changed as quickly as you can change your mind, thanks to the easily operated clamping mechanism.
- The KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R is built for pure offroad performance - and it looks the part. The bike's graphics and bodywork reflect the power and agility you experience when you ride this adventure machine. It's all style, even when parked at the end of your day's fun.
- Easy-To-Access Information: Viewing information and making adjustments on the proven LCD display as you navigate towards your destination is easy. The display is clear, intuitive and simple to operate. Keep track of speed, time, fuel consumption, trip info, warning indicators, outside temperature and your ride modes, as you roar across breathtaking landscapes.
- Thanks to the smoothly operating software and electronics package - including TC (Traction Control), ABS, and ride modes - riding with full power in a controllable manner is the 1090 ADVENTURE R way. There's no use in having a powerful motorcycle if you can't control it.
- Developed in collaboration with BOSCH, this safety feature reacts in mere milliseconds the instant the rear wheel spins out of control. As smooth as it is quick, the system closes the throttle valves to regain grip. Compelling yet completely controllable forward drive on all surfaces is guaranteed. As standard, the traction control (TC) offers four different ride modes - ‘Street', ‘Sport', ‘Rain' and ‘Offroad' - selected using the multi-functional switch on the left handlebar grip. Oh, and there's the off-switch for daredevils!
- The BOSCH two-channel 9M+ anti-lock braking system on the KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R ensures extremely short braking distances with optimum vehicle control. The system modulates brake pressure in such a way that wheel lock-up is prevented and the bike's tendency to lift the rear is minimized when braking hard on surfaces with good grip. In its ‘Offroad' mode, only the rear wheel is freed from ABS intervention, putting the rider in control of braking slides. Feeling pro? Just deactivate ABS entirely.
- After 10 seconds of movement and 150 meters of riding distance, the turn indicator will stop automatically. When pressed again, it recounts from zero. A big improvement in terms of safety, as it is now impossible to forget to reset the indicators.
- Set up your KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R to suit your individual needs with KTM PowerParts, which boast a wide variety of accessories and luggage options for KTM's Street range of sportmotorcycles. All KTM PowerParts are developed specifically for their chosen machine, guaranteeing KTM riders only get parts that perfectly complement their ride and provide that important ‘factory fit' straight from the dealer.
- Load Up And Go: As an easy way to mount your cases, we give you the luggage carriers as standard. This way there's nothing stopping you from loading up and heading off exploring for days on end.
- NUVIZ is the first fully integrated head-up display (HUD) designed specifically for the needs of motorcycle riders. It displays customizable information in the rider's natural line of sight and features an intuitive eyes-on-the-road handlebar controller and built-in HD action camera. NUVIZ is intended to be used in all conditions, including riding in the rain. NUVIZ brings together all of the important functions of your navigation, communication, and media devices into a single device, allowing riders to stay connected, but not distracted. NUVIZ includes an HD camera that shoots stills and video, and can be updated as new features become available in the future. To use the NUVIZ, you need either an Android device with Android OS 4.4.2/KitKat (or newer) or iPhone/iPad with iOS 10.2 (or newer). More information on supported products can be found at http://www.ridenuviz.com/support .
- Design: 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- Displacement: 1050 cm³
- Bore: 103 mm
- Stroke: 63 mm
- Power in KW: 92 kW
- Starter: Electric starter
- Lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 3 oil pumps
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Cooling: Liquid cooled
- Clutch: PASC™ slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS: Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Frame design: Chrome-moly tubular space frame, powder-coated
- Front suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP-PDS Monoshock
- Front brake disc diameter: 320 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 267 mm
- ABS: Bosch 9M+ Two-channel ABS (incl. offroad mode, disengageable)
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 5/16"
- Steering head angle: 64 °
- Engine Type
- 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- 1050 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 103 mm x 63 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 5/16 in.
- Front Suspension
- WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP-PDS Monoshock