2018 Honda PIONEER
Stock Image: Red
Pioneer® is only for drivers 16 years and older. Multi-purpose utility vehicles can be hazardous to operate. For your safety, be responsible. Always wear a helmet, eye protection and appropriate clothing. Always wear your seat belt, and keep the side nets and doors closed. Avoid excessive speeds and be careful on difficult terrain. All MUV drivers should watch the safety video “Multipurpose Utility Vehicles: A Guide to Safe Operation” and read the Owner’s Manual before operating the vehicle. Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, on public roads or with more than one passenger. Driver and passenger must be tall enough for seat belt to fit properly and to brace themselves with both feet firmly on the floor. Passenger must be able to grasp the hand hold with the seat belt on and both feet on the floor. Respect the environment when driving. Pioneer® is a registered trademark of Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Don’t settle for anything but the best.
All side-by-sides face the same challenges, but it’s how they solve them that sets Honda’s Pioneers apart. Smart technology. Superior materials. Refined engineering. And something nobody else can match: Honda’s well-earned and world-famous reputation for reliability and overall quality. And the farther you go or the harder you work, the more that means.
This year’s Honda Pioneer 1000 lineup is a perfect example. These great side-by-sides got it right the first time in terms of comfort, handling, hauling, and user-friendly features. Available in both three- and five-seat versions, in addition to their innovative features, from our flagship Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition right through our line to the Pioneer 1000, you can count on a Honda, year after year, mile after mile, adventure after adventure.
Tough Job? Rough Trail? No Problem.
Some folks skip straight to the top of the line. If that’s you, then you’ve come to the right place. Honda’s Pioneer 1000 Limited Edition and Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition aren’t just the top of our Pioneer line, we think they’re the top of any side-by-side lineup. Loaded with innovative features and premium upgraded components, it also offers enhanced comfort and protection. Available in both three-and five-seat versions, the Limited Editions set the bar high, then vault over it.
And here’s an overview of the rest of the lineup. The Pioneer 1000 and Pioneer 1000 EPS offer the same chassis and engine as our Pioneer 1000-5 models, but with a three-place front bench seat and a conventional tilt bed. Available in three trim levels, when you’re looking for a side-by-side you’ll be driving for years to come, the Honda’s Pioneer 1000s are what you want.
- Powerful 999cc Twin-Cylinder Engine: Class-leading displacement in a compact engine size. The 999cc liquid-cooled inline twin utilizes the same Unicam® cylinder head design found in our motocross bikes and features electronic fuel injection, so you get reliable power and performance, wherever the adventure takes you.
- Fully-Automatic Six-Speed DCT Transmission: Drive the way you want, with the industry’s first and only 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. Choose between manual mode or fully automatic. Plus, the addition of Sport Mode increases the fun, shifting at higher RPMs for a spirited, full-performance driving experience.
- High/Low Subtransmission: With a full 42-percent gear reduction between High and Low, you get the torque you need in all 6 gears. It comes in handy when driving over difficult terrain, scaling steep hills or towing heavy loads.
- Built in the U.S.A.: The Pioneer 1000 is purpose-built for the American market, right in America. Domestically and globally sourced parts are all assembled at our plant in Timmonsville, South Carolina, and once these side-by-sides roll off the line, they’re ready to explore every corner of the country.
- 2000-Pound Towing Capacity: Call it 2000 pounds, or call it 1 ton. Ether way, the towing capacity of the Pioneer 1000 is unsurpassed by any competitor. So instead of hopping on the tractor or taking out the truck, you can stay right in your side-by-side and tackle those bigger jobs with relative ease.
- Hill Start Assist: Need to stop on a steep uphill? Honda’s Hill Start Assist automatically holds the Pioneer 1000 Limited Edition in position while you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator—there’s no roll-back drama.
- Paddle Shifting: Steering column-mounted paddle shifters add a serious dose of performance in every drive. In Manual mode, they let you shift without ever taking your hands off the wheel, and in Automatic mode, they let you override the current gear with a quick up or downshift, holding that gear for several seconds before returning to Automatic mode.
- Independent Front and Rear Suspension: Dual A-arm suspension gives you 10.5 inches of travel in the front, and 10-inches of travel in the rear. Pair that with stellar ground clearance, and you maximize available traction and superior comfort maneuvering over terrain other side-by-sides would shy away from.
- Turf/2WD/4WD/Diff Lock: Don’t tear up sensitive surfaces. Select Turf Mode. Want to access as much traction as possible? Put it in 4WD. Need maximum power at all four wheels? Lock the front and rear differentials. And the best part is, you can do it all with a shift of a single lever.
- Electric Power Steering: Our Electric Power Steering system helps eliminate bump steer through rocky and rutted terrain, which reduces fatigue. What makes it even better is the added assist you get when you need it most, like when you’re in 4WD, driving at lower speeds, or maneuvering over rough conditions. Available on Pioneer 1000-5, Pioneer 1000 EPS, and Pioneer 1000 Limited Edition models.
- Bigger Tires: Practically speaking, the 27-inch tires on 12-inch rims help increase ground clearance, improve ride comfort, and deliver better traction. Realistically speaking, they just look great. And on the DLX model, you get Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires with radial construction and premium style.
- Advanced Transmission Logic: The brain of the DCT, Advanced Transmission Logic, senses how you drive and adapts. Relaxed drivers get earlier shifts for a quieter ride at lower engine speeds. Sportier drivers will hold each gear longer for higher RPM shifts. And when going downhill, you get true engine braking. Now that’s a smart transmission.
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution: Heading down a hill? Is the bed loaded or empty? Honda’s Electronic Brakeforce Distribution automatically proportions the force to the front and rear brakes with changing conditions—all you do is press the brake pedal. (Standard on all Pioneer 1000 Limited Edition models.)
- Engine Air Intake: To get the most out of your engine, you need the best air going into it. That’s why we positioned the air intake up high under the hood. It helps ensure a clean air supply, even at deeper fording depths, and with a new viscous air filter element, you get increased performance and longer service intervals.
- QuickFlip® Seating: Want to bring an extra one or two passengers along for the ride? Two QuickFlip® seats pop up from the cargo bed on Pioneer 1000-5, giving you the extra seating you need, when you need it. Exclusive to Honda, it’s a smarter system than fixed seat, multi-row models, giving you better maneuverability on the trails.
- 1000-Pound-Capacity Tilt Bed: There are a ton of reasons to buy a Pioneer 1000. Among them: the half-ton hauling capacity*. No side-by-side can haul more, and when it comes to dumping, we’ve made it easier than ever, with a hydraulic assist tilt bed lever that can be accessed from outside the vehicle, or right from the driver’s seat. (*600 pound bed capacity for CA models)
- Color-Match Door and Bedside Panels: Want to change the color of your Pioneer when hunting season rolls around? No problem. Our door and bedside panels can be easily swapped out for a different color scheme if and when you need it. This feature comes in particularly handy in case a panel sustains any damage on the job or trail. (Available on Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and Pioneer 1000 EPS model.)
- 3-Person Contoured Bench Seat: Tough, durable and built to enhance every driving experience — yes, we’re talking about the seat. Contoured for three passengers, the center seat is positioned up and forward to maximize space and comfort, and the covering is designed to resist both the elements and heavy use.
- LCD Display: The multi-function LCD dash display is large enough to host loads of information, in an easy-to-read way, like speed and fuel level. RPM and transmission mode. Fuel gauge, water temperature, trip information and more. It even includes a clock, so you’ll always know when it’s time for some fun.
- Tilt Wheel: With a tilt steering wheel, you’re ensured an even more comfortable driving experience. We’ve given the wheel a wide range of adjustments for optimum customization, and it even moves very far forward to allow for easy entry and exit. Available on Pioneer 1000-5’s and Pioneer 1000 EPS model.
- Chassis Refinements: Some of the most impressive Pioneer 1000 features are those you’ll never see. In addition to the suspension and ground clearance, we rubber-mounted the engine and exhaust system to insulate the cabin against excessive vibration. So while you may not see this feature, it’s one you will definitely notice.
- Self-Load Leveling Rear Suspension: Even when you push your Pioneer 1000-5 to the limits, you compromise nothing. Just take the load-leveling suspension with cargo, passengers or both piled into the back — the rear suspension automatically adjusts to the weight change. So you maintain ground clearance, comfort and handling, without compromises.
- Four-Wheel Disc Brakes: The Pioneer’s uncompromising power helps take you further than ever before. The reliable disc brakes help you stop on a dime. Built to the same standard as you’d find in our autos, the four-wheel disc brakes minimize debris from building up, ensuring consistent performance, and giving you confidence on the trail.
- Driver/Passenger Protection: The Occupant Protection Structure uses large-diameter tubing, and meets OSHA’s rollover protection standard. The hard doors and roll-up side nets help keep debris from entering the cabin, and auto-style three-point seatbelts are equipped with an emergency locking retractor mechanism, to help optimize passenger security. When you put this much safety first, fun is sure to follow.
- Engine Type: 999cc liquid-cooled twin-cylinder Unicam® four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 92.0 mm x 75.15 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Induction: Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 44 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full-transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Fully Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with six forward gears and Reverse. Four drive modes include 2WD, 4WD, Turf and Differential lock.
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 10.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 10 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual 210 mm hydraulic discs
- Rear Brake: Dual 210 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tires: 27 x 9-12
- Rear Tires: 27 x 11-12
- Length: 116.8 in.
- Width: 63.0 in.
- Height: 76.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 80.2 in.
- Bed Capacity: 1000 lb. for 49 states
- Bed Capacity: 600 lb. for CA models
- Towing Capacity: 2000 lb.
- Ground Clearance: 12.7 in.
- Turning Radius: 13.8 ft.
- Curb Weight: 1526 lb. - Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel.
- Fuel Capacity: 7.9 gal., including 1.7-gal. reserve
- Safety: Recommended for drivers 16 years of age and older.
- Available Colors: Red, Olive
- Model ID: SXS10M3
- Duration: One Year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Twin-cylinder Unicam® four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 92.0 mm x 75.15 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 44 mm throttle body
- Full-transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Brakes
- Dual 210 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tire
- 27 x 9-12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Rear Brakes
- Dual 210 mm hydraulic discs
- Rear Tire
- 27 x 11-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 1526 lb.
- 80.2 in.
- Front Travel
- 10.6 in.
- Rear Travel
- 10 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.9 gal., including 1.7-gal. reserve
- Box Capacity
- 1000 lb. for 49 states; 600 lb. for CA models
- Towing Capacity
- 2000 lb.
- Fully Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with six forward gears and Reverse. Four drive modes include 2WD, 4WD, Turf and Differential lock.
- Drive System
- Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Red, Olive
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan